Valerie Rusch, MD
Chief, Thoracic Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1275 York Ave
New York, NY 10021
Phone: (646) 227-3813
Dr. Rusch's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Thoracic Surgery: General Cardiac/Thoracic Surgery
Dr. Rusch's Education & Medical Training
- University of WashingtonFellowship, Thoracic Surgery
- University of WashingtonResidency, General Surgery
- Columbia University College of Physicians and SurgeonsMedical School
Dr. Rusch's Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- NY State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- American Board of SurgerySurgery, 1981
- American Board of Thoracic SurgeryThoracic & Cardiac Surgery
Dr. Rusch's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
Dr. Rusch's Clinical Trials
- Quality of Life and Pain Outcomes Following Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) Anatomic Lung Resection Versus Thoracotomy and Anatomic Lung ResectionStart of enrollment: 2005 Feb 01
Rizk, N.,Rusch, V.
- A Phase II Trial of Induction Chemoradiotherapy With Cisplatin/Etoposide Followed by Surgical Resection, Followed by Docetaxel, for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Involving the Superior Sulcus (Pancoast Tumors)Start of enrollment: 2003 Jul 01
Hoang, T.,Jett, J.R.,Kraut, M.J.,Laurie, S.A.,Lyss, A.P.,Rusch, V.W.
- INDUCTION CHEMORADIOTHERAPY FOLLOWED BY SURGICAL RESECTION FOR NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER INVOLVING THE SUPERIOR SULCUS (PANCOAST TUMORS): A PHASE II TRIALStart of enrollment: 1995 Apr 01
Burkes, R.L.,Deschamps, C.,Johnson, D.H.,Rusch, V.W.,Shulman, L.N.
Dr. Rusch's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Pathological response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in resectable non-small-cell lung cancers: proposal for the use of major pathological response as a surrogate endpoint. Hellmann, M. D.,Chaft, J. E.,William, W. N.,Rusch, V.,Pisters, K. M.,Kalhor, N.,Pataer, A.,Travis, W. D.,Swisher, S. G.,Kris, M. G.; Lancet Oncol.. 2014 Jan 05.
- Esophageal cancer recurrence patterns and implications for surveillance. Lou, F.,Sima, C. S.,Adusumilli, P. S.,Bains, M. S.,Sarkaria, I. S.,Rusch, V. W.,Rizk, N. P.; J Thorac Oncol. 2014 Jan 07.
- The cribriform pattern identifies a subset of acinar predominant tumors with poor prognosis in patients with stage I lung adenocarcinoma: a conceptual proposal to classify cribriform predominant tumors as a distinct histologic subtype. Kadota, K.,Yeh, Y. C.,Sima, C. S.,Rusch, V. W.,Moreira, A. L.,Adusumilli, P. S.,Travis, W. D.; Mod. Pathol.. 2013 Nov 05.
Register to See Citations and 97 More...
Dr. Rusch's Professional Memberships
Physicians, view Dr. Rusch's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Thoracic Surgery, NY)
- Robin Varghese, MD
- David Greuner, MD
- Vincent Chan, MD
- Louis Delli-Pizzi, MD
- Eddie Hoover, MD
- Angelo Reyes, MD
- Paul Lee, MD
- Robert Prestiano, MD
- Siyamek Neragi-Miandoab, MD
- Dan Morgenstern, MD