Valerie Rusch, MD
Chief, Thoracic Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1275 York Ave
New York, NY 10021
Phone: (646) 227-3813
Dr. Rusch's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Thoracic Surgery: General Cardiac/Thoracic Surgery
Dr. Rusch's Education & Medical Training
- University of WashingtonFellowship, Thoracic Surgery
- University of WashingtonResidency, General Surgery
- Columbia University College of Physicians and SurgeonsMedical School
Dr. Rusch's Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License1982 - 2015
- NY State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- American Board of SurgerySurgery, 1981
- American Board of Thoracic SurgeryThoracic & Cardiac Surgery
Dr. Rusch's Awards, Honors, & Recognition
Dr. Rusch's Clinical Trials
- Quality of Life and Pain Outcomes Following Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) Anatomic Lung Resection Versus Thoracotomy and Anatomic Lung ResectionStart of enrollment: 2005 Feb 01
Rizk, N.,Rusch, V.
- A Phase II Trial of Induction Chemoradiotherapy With Cisplatin/Etoposide Followed by Surgical Resection, Followed by Docetaxel, for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Involving the Superior Sulcus (Pancoast Tumors)Start of enrollment: 2003 Jul 01
Hoang, T.,Jett, J.R.,Kraut, M.J.,Laurie, S.A.,Lyss, A.P.,Rusch, V.W.
- INDUCTION CHEMORADIOTHERAPY FOLLOWED BY SURGICAL RESECTION FOR NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER INVOLVING THE SUPERIOR SULCUS (PANCOAST TUMORS): A PHASE II TRIALStart of enrollment: 1995 Apr 01
Burkes, R.L.,Deschamps, C.,Johnson, D.H.,Rusch, V.W.,Shulman, L.N.
Dr. Rusch's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- The challenge of malignant pleural mesothelioma: new directions. Rusch, V. W.,Rimner, A.,Krug, L. M.; J Thorac Oncol. 2014 Feb 13.
- Invited commentary. Rusch, V. W.; Ann. Thorac. Surg.. 2014 Feb 04.
- Mesothelin overexpression is a marker of tumor aggressiveness and is associated with reduced recurrence-free and overall survival in early-stage lung adenocarcinoma. Kachala, S. S.,Bograd, A. J.,Villena-Vargas, J.,Suzuki, K.,Servais, E. L.,Kadota, K.,Chou, J.,Sima, C. S.,Vertes, E.,Rusch, V. W.,Travis, W. D.,Sadelain, M.,Adusumilli, P....; Clin. Cancer Res.. 2013 Dec 18.
Register to See Citations and 97 More...
Dr. Rusch's Professional Memberships
Physicians, view Dr. Rusch's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Thoracic Surgery, NY)
- Barbara Robinson, MD
- Syed Tasnim Raza, MD
- Saikrishna Yendamuri, MD
- David Adams, MD
- Justin Fernando, MD
- Peter Chang, MD
- Arash Salemi, MD
- Valerie Rusch, MD
- Vincent Blood, MD
- Emile Bacha, MD