- I am a board certified vascular neurologist. I completed my training at Stanford University. I currently practice at Stanford, participate in clinical studies using acute imaging for hyperacute stroke care, and worked as a post-doctoral fellow at Stanford University's Clinical Excellence Research Center. I am interested in design and implementation of value based care delivery processes that improve outcomes and lower per capita spending. I am also interested in simulation based education for residents and other aspects of medical education.
Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Neurology: General Neurology, Vascular
- Clinical Interests: Resident Education; Healthcare System Delivery Innovation; Stroke; Accountable Care Organization; Pharmacological Biomarkers
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License2008 - 2015
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyVascular Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyNeurology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 CertificationEpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013
- Emerging Leaders ForumAmerican Academy of Neurology, 2013, 2014
- Palatucci Advocacy Leadership ForumAmerican Academy of Neurology, 2013, 2014
- Register to See 1 More
- [SOCRATES -Acute Stroke Or Transient IsChaemic Attack TReated With Aspirin or Ticagrelor and Patient OutcomES] Start of enrollment: 2014 Jan 01
Androulakis, X.,Tai, W.
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) Triage and Evaluation of Stroke Risk Start of enrollment: 2010 Sep 01
Gregory W Albers, Mohamed Teleb, Waimei A Tai, Anna K. Finley Caulfield, Dr. chitra venkat, Paul Singh, Maarten G Lansberg MD, PhD, Neil Schwartz, Jean-Marc Olivot, and Michael Brown
- Diagnostic Utility of MRI in Intracerebral Hemorrhage Start of enrollment: 2006 Jun 01
Christine Wijman, Gregory W Albers, Michael E. Moseley, Maarten G Lansberg MD, PhD, Anna K. Finley Caulfield, Neil Schwartz, Dr Marion S Buckwalter, Dr. chitra venkat, Waimei A Tai, MD, and Jean Marc Oliv...
Publications & Presentations
- Multimodal Imaging Transcends Time in Thrombolysis For Pediatric Stroke Waimei Amy Tai, Nerses Sanossian, Arthur Partikian, Monique Mogensen, Jesse Jones, and David S. Liebeskind, Journal of Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Simulation-Based Learning Improves Neurology Resident Training in Acute Stroke Care Waimei Tai, Nirali Vora, Esther Melamed, JJ Baumann, and Neil Schwartz., International Stroke Conference, Oahu, Hawaii
- The full profile is locked and available to verified physicians only.
Join over 50% of U.S. physicians already on Doximity and get access to this and over 700,000 physician CVs. Find your physician profile