Are you Dr. Bailey?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 36 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2000 6th Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone(205) 996-5864
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. William Bailey, MD is a pulmonologist in Birmingham, Alabama. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama, Kentucky, and Florida. He is affiliated with Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Alabama Hospital.
Education & Training
- Louisiana State University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1968 - 1970
- Louisiana State University School of MedicineInternship, Transitional Year, 1965 - 1966
- Tulane University School of MedicineClass of 1965
Certifications & Licensure
- KY State Medical License 1981 - 2017
- FL State Medical License 1973 - 2007
- AL State Medical License 1966 - 2022
- LA State Medical License 1965 - 2002
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease
- Effectiveness of a School-Based Hand Sanitizer Program on Reducing Asthma Exacerbations Start of enrollment: 2009 Jan 01William Bailey, MD
- Long-term Oxygen Treatment Trial Start of enrollment: 2009 Jan 01William C. Bailey, MD
- Macrolide Azithromycin to Prevent Rapid Worsening of Symptoms Associated With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Start of enrollment: 2006 Mar 01Dennis E. Niewoehner, MD;Fernando J. Martinez, MD;Frank Sciurba, MD;Gerard J. Criner, MD;John E. Connett, PhD;John J. Reilly, MD;Richard Casaburi, MD, PhD;Richard K. Albert, MD;Stephen C. Lazarus, MD;Stev...
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsSerum IgG Levels and Risk of COPD Hospitalization: A Pooled Meta-analysis.Fernando Sergio Leitao Filho, Andre Mattman, R. Robert Schellenberg, Gerard J. Criner, Prescott G. Woodruff, Stephen C. Lazarus, Richard K. Albert, John E. Connett, Me...> ;Chest. 2020 Oct 1
- 20 citationsDisease Progression Modeling in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary DiseaseAlexandra L. Young, Felix J. S. Bragman, Bojidar Rangelov, MeiLan K. Han, Craig J. Galbán, David A. Lynch, David J. Hawkes, Daniel C. Alexander, John R. Hurst, James D...> ;American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2020 Feb 1
- 19 citationsThe St. George's Respiratory Questionnaire Definition of Chronic Bronchitis May Be a Better Predictor of COPD Exacerbations Compared With the Classic Definition.Victor Kim, Huaqing Zhao, E.A. Regan, MeiLan K. Han, Barry J. Make, James D. Crapo, Paul W. Jones, Jeffrey L. Curtis, Edwin K. Silverman, Gerard J. Criner, Elizabeth A...> ;Chest. 2019 Oct 1
- Join now to see all