- For over two decades, Dr. William K. Boss, MD, FACS has been an innovator, not a follower and has remained at the forefront of laser and minimally invasive research. Dr. Boss conceived and enhanced the patent-pending procedure Cool Lift, a minimally invasive laser facelift done under local anesthesia.
Equally monumental was the FDA’s recent approval of Dr. Boss’ LAVIV, a soft-tissue stimulator made specifically from each patient’s own skin. LAVIV, a result of Dr. Boss’ cellular therapy research, stimulates the body’s own collagen to soften smile lines.
Dr. Boss has devoted many years in the investigation and treatment of facial and acne scars and has developed a unique and customized program for scars. He utilizes the latest techniques in cell therapy, growth factors and the most advanced lasers to produce extraordinary results.
Dr. Boss is fully versed in all aspects of cosmetic and plastic surgery. He also performs body contouring procedures Cool Lipo, a laser-assisted liposuction which vastly surpasses traditional forms of liposuction and administers non-invasive procedures such as Botox®, Restylane® and other filers.
As former Chief of Plastic Surgery at Hackensack University Medical Center, Dr. Boss maintains privileges at every hospital in Bergen County. He has received numerous awards for excellence in the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery and has been cited as one of America’s Top Surgeons by such prestigious authorities as the Consumer’s Research Council of America and the Guide to America’s Top Plastic Surgeons.
Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Plastic Surgery: General Plastic Surgery
- Clinical Interests: Reconstructive Surgical Procedures; Reconstructive Microsurgery
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License1991 - 2015
- NJ State Medical License1977 - 2015
- American Board of Plastic SurgeryPlastic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top DocCastle Connolly Medical Ltd., 2013
- Top Doc(201) Health, 2013
- Top DocCastle Connolly Medical Ltd., 2012
- Register to See 9 More
Publications & Presentations
- Molten Metal Safety Boot Treatment. Boss, William K., Jr., and Arons, Marvin, The Journal of Trauma. Vol. 22. Burns Analysis and No. 10: 1982, pp. 884-886
- Improved Skin Flap Survival with Adenosine Triphosphate Magnesium Chloride. Boss, William K., Jr., Fusi, Stefano, Chaundry, I., Clemens, M., Chater, G., Laub, D. Jr., Cuono, C.B. and Ariyan, Stephen, American College of Surgeons Surgical Forum. Vol. 35: October 1984, pp. 5 76-578
- Effectiveness of Prophylactic Antibiotics in the Outpatient Treatment of Burns. Boss, William K., Jr., Brand, D. A., Frazier, W. H., Acampora, D. and Barese, S, The Journal of Trauma. Vol. 25. No. 3: March 1985, pp. 224-227
- Register to See 8 More
- Breast Reconstruction: Principles of Aesthetic Surgery.
Boss, William K., Jr. M.D. and Ariyan, Stephan, M.D
Editors: Stephen H. Sohn.
- Hyperalimentation as an Adjunct to Cancer Therapy in the Community Hospital. Boss, William K. Jr., Knauer, Warren K., Fishkin, E. and Forshberg, Roy W, Regional Cancer Society Meeting. Newark Beth Israel Hospital, Newark, New Jersey
- Emergency Surgery in Ulcerative Colitis. Brief, Donald K. and Boss, William K., Jr, Pan-Pacific Surgical Conference. Honolulu, Hawaii
- Pharmacologic Treatment of Skin Flaps with Hematoma. Machiaverna, F., Loverme, P. and Boss, William K., Jr, Annual Meeting of the New Jersey Board of Surgeons. Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Register to See 43 More
- NMR and Muscle Physiology. Plastic Surgery Research Council
- Extremity Reattachment. Regis Philbin Morning Show ABC, N.Y
- Eleanor Bumpers Trial. Bronx Superior Court, New York, New York
- Register to See 6 More
- Use of Autologous Dermal Fibroblasts for the Repair of Skin and Soft Tissue Defects. Boss, William K., Jr, Patent number 5,591,444, United States Patents
- Use of Autologous Dermal Fibroblasts for the Repair of Skin and Soft Tissue Defects. Boss, William K., Jr, Patent number 5,660,850, United States Patents
- Autologous Dermal Fibroblasts for the Repair of Skin and Soft Tissue Defects. Boss, William K., Jr, Patent number 5,665,372, United States Patents
- Register to See 7 More
- The full profile is locked and available to verified physicians only.
Join over 50% of U.S. physicians already on Doximity and get access to this and over 700,000 physician CVs. Find your physician profile