William Giakas, MD
Rockford Psychiatric Medical Services, S.C.
- 1639 N Alpine Rd.
Rockford, IL 61107
Phone: (815) 395-1500
Dr. Giakas's Clinical Specialties & Interests
- Psychiatry: General Psychiatry, Forensic, Geriatric
- Clinical Interests: Bipolar Disorder; Depressive Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Temporal Lobe Epilepsy; Combination Drug Therapy
Dr. Giakas's Education & Medical Training
- Yale University School of MedicineResidency, Psychiatry
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolMedical School
- Cornell University Other Training, BA, Biochemistry
Dr. Giakas's Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- IL State Medical LicenseActive through 2014
- FL State Medical LicenseActive through 2013
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyPsychiatry, 1993
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyGeriatric Psychiatry, 1995
- American Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyForensic Psychiatry, 1999
Dr. Giakas's Publications & Presentations
PubMed | Citations by Web of Science®
- Should we treat depression with drugs or psychological interventions? A reply to Ioannidis. Davis, J. M., Giakas, W. J., Qu, J., Prasad, P., Leucht, S.; Philos Ethics Humanit Med. 2011.
- Risperidone treatment for a Tourette's disorder patient with comorbid obsessive-compulsive disorder. Giakas, W. J.; Am J Psychiatry. 1995 Jul.
- GABAergic mechanisms in nucleus tractus solitarius alter blood pressure and vasopressin release. Catelli, J. M., Giakas, W. J., Sved, A. F.; Brain Res. 1987 Feb 17.
Register to See Citations and 1 More...
Physicians, view Dr. Giakas's full Doximity profile to:
- Trade HIPAA-secure messages
- Send and receive online faxes
- Refer a patient
- See their complete CV
Similar Physicians & HCPs (Psychiatry, IL)
- Cristito Leyba, MD
- Henry Evans, MD
- Richard Rogers, MD
- David Bawden, MD
- Valerie King-Ernst, DO
- Judith Lichtenstein, MD
- Barry Norman, MD
- Daniel Hardy, MD
- Leslie Honeychurch, MD
- Lauren Shin, MD