Nurse Practitioner - Portland, OR
Careers at GreenField Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
- Conducts physicals examinations and/or mental health assessments to address preventive, acute and chronic healthcare needs of patients
- Performs, orders and interprets diagnostic procedures and lab tests
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with guidelines and state laws
- Records findings and develops a plan of action based on the patient’s health history and condition, and when necessary, consults with other providers to prepare a comprehensive care plan
- Prepares documentation for medical records including updating medical charts by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, and medications
- Collaborates with internal and external multidisciplinary teams to provide innovative and evidence-based care
- Reviews patient chart notes, case summaries, and other relevant documentation and correspondence
- Provides evening and weekend consultation on-call when scheduled
- Participates in team huddles to review the schedule at the start of the clinic day
- Participates in process and quality improvement workflows
- Participates in peer reviews and chart reviews
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s of Science in Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing Practice from an accredited graduate-level nursing program required.
- Open to newly graduated nurse practitioners with registered nurse experience.
- Nationally recognized certification and active, unrestricted Oregon license with prescriptive authority.
- BLS and/or ACLS certification required.
- Experience and proficiency using electronic health records
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care
Posted May 13, 2022