Medical Director - $25,000 Sign on incentive -join our Santa Cruz team
Santa Cruz, CA
Incumbents serve as the director for various Health Services Agency medical clinics. Assignments may rotate depending on agency requirements and specialty training. Incumbents are responsible for:
- The medical quality assurance and medical management of one or more clinics
- Providing medical and technical advice to staff and the local medical community
- May serve as the Health Officer in the latter's absence
The current vacancy is at the Santa Cruz Emeline Clinic overseeing a staff of 10 physician and mid-level providers. This clinic is a dynamic integrated health setting serving vulnerable populations in Santa Cruz County.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain these knowledge and abilities would be:
Four years of general medical clinic experience as a practicing physician. Certification by an American Specialty Board in a specialty closely related to clinical health care provided by the County of Santa Cruz may be substituted for two years of experience. Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Pediatric physicians are encouraged to apply.
- Possession of a valid Physician and Surgeon's Certificate issued by the State of California
- Possession of a State and/or Federal narcotic license for administration of narcotics to inmates and patients.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License.
Committed to developing and providing services to the under served community in Santa Cruz County.
Strong leadership experience and the ability to make independent decisions within established policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Supervisors, County Administrative Officer, Director of Health Services, and Federal, State & County laws, ordinances, and regulations.
Posted March 20, 2020