Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport - Radiation Oncologist - Full-Time Academic Position
Inpatient and outpatient
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport & LSU Health Science Center - Shreveport seek applicants for a full-time Radiation Oncologist position in the Department of Radiology.
- Board certified/ board eligible in Radiation Oncology
- Eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure.
- Graduating Radiation/Oncology fellows are welcomed to apply.
- Position is for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology.
- Should be competent with HDR brachytherapy, SBRT, IMRT, and 4D radiation techniques.
- A Gamma Knife experience is preferred but not required.
- Have a strong commitment to an active teaching program, participation in research and scholarly activities, and clinical experience.
The radiation oncology program of the Radiation Therapy Center (RTC) at LSUHSC-Shreveport focuses on “what is best for cancer patients.” In order to fulfill its goal of providing excellent care for cancer patients, state-of-the-art technology in radiation oncology is available for the individualized treatment of patients. The RTC is equipped with an Elekta (dual photon energy and several electron beam energies) Linear Accelerator with a 80-leaf MLCs; a Varian GammaMed High-Dose Rate (HDR) portable radiation unit; A Gamma Knife Perfexion; a Phillips Pinnacle treatment planning system (for creation of conformal dose distribution such as that employed in intensity modulated radiation therapy/IMRT);; an AcqSim computed tomography simulator (for accurate 3D target volume delineation); an IMPAC (record and verify) information system; and electronic portal imaging (which allows for verification of the targeted tumor-containing area).
Posted October 9, 2019