Pulmonary Critical Care Physician
New Orleans, LA
Ochsner Medical Center
Ochsner Health Services
Inpatient and outpatient
Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, is recruiting a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join an expanding team.
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. Additional board eligibility/board certification in Critical Care Medicine is preferred but not required. Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training.
- 32 bed ICU managed by the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- Practice settings include busy inpatient critical care and pulmonary services, along with a thriving referral clinic.
- Candidates will be actively involved as clinical educators who teach medical students, residents, and fellows.
- In addition to teaching responsibilities, there is the opportunity to develop subspecialty referral practices in asthma, interventional pulmonary, thoracic oncology, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, and other end stage lung diseases.
- Section members regularly collaborate with the pulmonary departments at both local medical schools in clinical research, including NIH-funded activities in ARDS and IPF. Faculty appointments are possible for qualified candidates.
- The position offers flexibility and balance among clinical practice, graduate education, and scholarly activity for applicants based upon individual experience levels.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 60 countries worldwide each year.
Posted October 8, 2020