Medical Director of Advisory Services | Monday-Friday schedule
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As a Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM).
Our physician advisors are trained in best practice clinical documentation and workflows, concurrent, secondary reviews, and performance improvement. This role provides the opportunity to use your clinical expertise away from the bedside. A rewarding part of being a physician advisor is providing continuous improvement feedback through physician-to-physician education.
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, emergency medicine, or intensivist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
Posted April 30, 2021