Nurse Practitioner - Welcome Wagon Project (Spanish fluency required)
- Introduce the member’s medical group, Optum California, and the Welcome Wagon program to members, family members and caregivers
- Counsel and educate patient and families regarding health plan benefits, health plan network and other programs and tools available to help improve quality of lifestyle.
- Conduct assessments and annual wellness exams with patient (home setting or virtual).
- Document chief complaint, previous medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examination, assessment and appropriate plan of care.
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the medical group.
- Identifies members needs and any gaps of care; provide recommendation of benefits/ programs associated with member’s health plan and guide members appropriately.
- Participate and collaborate with other providers and team members during weekly rounds for new members to help improve outcomes.
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Minimum 2 -3 years NP experience; preferably in outpatient/managed care setting
- Access to transportation, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- Strong familiarity with Hierarchical Condition Category coding (HCC coding)
- Working knowledge of managed care, health plans, medical groups, IPA networks a plus
- Flexible, strong multi-prioritizing skills and time management skills.
- Comfortable visiting senior members in home setting and/or conducting virtual visits
- Required travel to conduct home visits
- Position requires considerable driving in designated community
- Effective communication skills and ability to ....
For complete description tap [HERE]
Posted May 13, 2021