Infectious Disease Leadership Opportunity with Louisana State University
The Department of Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Science Center - Shreveport is seeking an outstanding physician-leader to serve as the Head of the Division of Infectious Disease. This individual, appointed at the Associate or Full Professor level, will lead the clinical, educational, research and other programmatic missions of the division within the Department of Medicine and will be responsible for the fiscal management of the Division.
- The Division is active in teaching medical students and internal medicine residents, as well as allied health providers.
- Our Division of Infectious Disease places an emphasis on clinical, translational research particularly in the areas of HIV and Hepatitis C. They recently have initiated a multi-disciplinary Covid 19 longtitudinal clinic.
- This position is responsible for supervision of faculty and staff in the Division of Infectious Disease.
- The candidate will oversee 2 fellows per year
- Have an MD, MD/PhD, DO, or international equivalent terminal degree
- Be eligible for medical licensure and clinical practice in the state of Louisiana
- Have a proven record of administrative and academic leadership abilities, as well as a demonstrated commitment to education and mentoring
- A strong record of scholarly achievement and extramural funding
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, healthcare teams, administrators, community organizations and donors
- We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community and will work toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Program building
- Financial management
- Building relationships with donors and community leaders
- Development of performance metrics for faculty
Posted April 5, 2021