Staff Physician-Corizon Health $20,000 Sign On Bonus
Currently offering a $20,000 Sign on Bonus!
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician with Corizon Health located in Cameron, MO.
- Visit the infirmary daily and document encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensure all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensure all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Adhere to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures. Document pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilize available in-house resources and personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing am off-site referral. Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrate proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
Serve as a resource for other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required.
- CPR certification.
Posted December 7, 2020