Chair, Division of Vascular Surgery
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, is seeking a Chair to lead its Division of Vascular Surgery.
- Candidates should have excellent management and interpersonal skills that will allow them to lead, grow and develop a division of highly skilled clinicians and support staff, along with a continued interest in the practice and advancement of vascular surgery.
- Applicants must be board certified in Vascular Surgery
- Have a strong academic background and be eligible to be appointed at the academic rank of Associate or Full Professor of Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine.
The division has a strong commitment to clinical excellence. In addition to expertise in dialysis access and open vascular surgery, the division is looking to develop and grow endovascular treatment capabilities in particular. The division supports Lahey’s General Surgery residency program, which has 25 residents. Teaching medical students from Tufts Medical School who rotate at Lahey for various clinical rotations is encouraged.
The responsibilities of the Chair include:
- Direction and administration of the professional, operational, education and research programs of the Division.
- Responsible for physician recruitment and professional development; achievement of divisional quality, financial, and patient satisfaction goals; development of new strategic initiatives; effective management of resource allocation within the division, and optimization of divisional operations.
- Candidates should have an established record of achievement in vascular surgery as well as a strong commitment to research development.
- Candidates should be prepared to lead the division in a growing health system while ensuring the delivery of excellent clinical care in partnership with advanced practice providers, teaching trainees, and fostering research.
Applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to (email@example.com)
Posted June 2, 2021