Psychiatrist - 10 Hours Per Week
Inpatient and outpatient
Job Summary: 10 Hours Per Week: 8 hours coverage at the Adult Center & 2 hours coverage at the Juvenile Center.
Provides medical psychiatric assessments and services to patients in a correctional facility.
- Supervises and manages the daily operations of the prescribing of psychotropic medications to the mentally ill population; serves on committees as appropriate and conduct staff in-service training.
- Assesses patient’s mental status and medical needs; based upon diagnosis direct the formulation of treatment plans; monitors patient’s progress and modifies treatment plans as indicated.
- Communicates medical orders to the nursing staff.
- Participates in case disposition and follow-up planning; provides medical case supervision and consultation.
- Maintains records and provides documentation associated with services delivered
- Certifies a patient for inpatient hospital or acute care psychiatric facility as appropriate.
- Provides evaluations as required by the courts.
- Will adhere to Armor’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Armor’s four core FISH! Philosophies – i.e. Play, Be There, Make Their Day and Choose Your Attitude.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Licensed in the state as an M.D. or D.O. with specialty training in psychiatry
- Board certified or board eligible
- One year of clinical experience
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual guidelines, we will not alter our position on those requirements.
Posted August 18, 2020