Primary Care Physician, Optum | Do your life’s best work
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Performs minor outpatient procedures such as pap smears, laceration repair etc.
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Active and unrestricted California Medical license
- Board Certified in Family or Internal Medicine
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
Posted June 1, 2021