Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician with Geisinger
Geisinger is seeking board certified/board eligible Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians for the department of Emergency Medicine at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV) located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
GWV's 32-bed, Emergency Department cares for over 65k patients per year, including nearly 10k pediatric patients. The pediatric admission rate, from within the emergency department, is around 4%. Children admitted from our emergency department are cared for in the GWV Janet Wise Children’s Hospital pediatric unit and/or our level II NICU, which will soon transition to level III.
At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives! Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. With Geisinger, you can take advantage of:
- Competitive compensation package
- Exceptional work life balance with defined clinical hours - 1,544 hours/year
- Dual appointments in Emergency Medicine & Pediatrics
- Support from a full range of dedicated specialists and subspecialists, including in-house Neonatologist and Pediatric Hospitalists
- Ongoing enhancements to our fully-integrated Electronic Health Record – Epic
- Recruitment incentives include: Medical school loan repayment or $100k forgivable loan and residency/fellowship stipend
Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and nearly 1,600 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
Posted October 9, 2019