Section Chief for Plastic Surgery | Beautiful Weather and Mountain Views
Banner - University Medical Center Tucson
The Department of Surgery at Banner – University Medical Center in Tucson is actively interviewing General and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeons at the Associate Professor or Professor level to serve as the Section Chief of a developing plastic surgery program within our Surgical Oncology Division. This is an exceptional leadership opportunity to build a plastic surgery program in an academic department with strong surgical oncology, trauma, and general surgery programs to support the growth of the program. This position involves mentoring young plastic surgeons who recently completed training and involves teaching and mentoring general surgery residents. There is a long term opportunity to build a formal division and plastic surgery fellowship as the program grows. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
- 1.0 FTE
- Clinical responsibilities: OP Clinic, IP rounding, Surgery
- Main Location: Banner University Medical Center Tucson, 1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ
- Secondary Location: Banner University Medical North Campus, 3838 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ
- Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- 5+ years’ experience as Plastic Surgeon
- Fellowship-Trained in Microvascular Surgery is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience building a fellowship program are preferred
Tucson provides beautiful weather and an affordable lifestyle with a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
About Banner Health
You want to help lead change in the health care field – rather than just react to it. You want to spend your time doing what you do best – caring for patients. You belong at Banner Medical Group (BMG) and Banner – University Medicine Group (BUMG).As Banner Health's employed physician group with more than 1,300 physicians and advanced practitioners across more than 65 specialties, BMG, is transforming the delivery of care. This transformation can most clearly be seen in our Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) implementation. Through PCMH, we’re organizing care around patients, working in teams and coordinating and tracking care over time. The end result is the highest quality and most efficient delivery of patient care.For physicians working in their own practices, we have two different paths to lead you to a colorful career with Banner Health.We also offer faculty positions at Banner – University Medicine Center in partnership with the University of Arizona.
Posted February 17, 2021