Join a Growing Family Medicine Team | Optum
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Family Medicine Physician to join our team!
The Physician is responsible for the day to day clinical care of patients. The Provider manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions. The Provider is responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted California MD/DO license
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate required
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- 2 or more years of Outpatient Clinic experience
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
Posted April 2, 2021