Opening for Experienced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with Top Ranked Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital
Inpatient and outpatient
University Hospitals is seeking experienced NNP to work in a fast-paced environment, offering an academic or community health care setting. A variety of shift options, ranging from 10 hour, 12 hour up to 24 hour coverage, including weekends and holiday hours.
- Identify, assess and coordinate the care of select pediatric in-patients with special health care or rehabilitation needs in order to promote comprehensive family-centered discharge planning in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Identify patients with complex healthcare/rehab needs.
- Assess individual patient and patient populations to identify care/education/rehab needs and develops, implements and evaluates programs to meet these needs and coordinate patient care/collaborates with others.
- Practices within the guidelines of a Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process. Involved in learning regarding trends in case management.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers. Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers.
- Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment Displays commitment to the mission of the hospital and its values.
- Experience working as an NNP for a large healthcare system
- Master of Science in Nursing with Advanced Practice Certification specific to the neonatal population or PA with fellowship training in NICU setting.
- Current Ohio Nursing license. Current Ohio APRN license. Certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority. Current Ohio PA license.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a NICU RN with recent NNP program completion.
- 2 years of experience as an NNP preferred. PA with neonatal experience will be considered.
Posted October 9, 2019