Job Title: Medical Director, Ambulatory Care
· Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all the medical care provided at the clinic site
· Valid License to practice medicine in the State of California, certification by a specialty board.
· Required Education: M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited Medical or Osteopathic school.
· Required Experience: Five years of clinical leadership/managerial experience in hospital/clinic/healthcare administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the company’s Standards of Behavior, Policy, and Procedures, and Scope of Services.
· Correct business English, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Current office administrative practices and procedures.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. In-depth knowledge of medical principles and practices including supervision and personnel management.
· In-depth knowledge of the principles and techniques of modern governmental organization, management, public relations, and personnel administration. In- depth knowledge of the laws and regulations in the health care field; in-depth knowledge of current standards of medical practice.
· Knowledge of performance improvement and change management strategies.
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Role model AHS Standards of Behavior.
· Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
· Working knowledge of the principles and practices of management, including planning, organizing, directing, motivating, controlling, and decision-making regarding healthcare delivery and healthcare dynamics.
Medical Director, Ambulatory Care :
· Develops, reviews, and/or implements criteria for personnel management, staffing levels, placement, task assignment, authority responsibility, productivity, promotion, disciplinary action, and remuneration for physicians and personnel.
· Oversees documentation and care planning.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Recommends and assists with the development of new services and clinical programs, including cost and value analysis and appropriate evaluation and follow-up to ensure the efficacy of services.
· Recruits, hires, directs, evaluates, and coordinates the professional activities of the paid and volunteer medical, dental, and other health care staff providing outpatient services.
· Represents AHS in medical-administrative and medical-educational matters with other institutions, universities, private and public organizations including community organizations and individuals, the press and other media, the professional medical community, and accrediting and regulatory agencies as guided by the CAO for Ambulatory Services.
· Responsible for ensuring adequate clinical access to services; this includes evaluating and ensuring provider-level productivity, including clinic templates and empanelment, monitoring access standards and ensuring compliance with state and federal benchmarks, and ensuring adequate coverage for provider leave & absences.
· Responsible for ensuring the overall quality of care provided at the clinical site including adherence to best practices, AHS policies & procedures and standard work; responsible for ensuring the site meets and state and federal benchmarks.
· Responsible for maintaining an active clinical practice in the specialty area that the individual is overseeing.
· Responsible for provider engagement, including reviewing and improving provider engagement survey scores, identifying, and mentoring clinical champions for key initiatives, and supporting professional development.
· Serves on AHS medical and administrative committees.
Job ID: JN -012022-26022
Access to Outdoor Activities
Cost of Living
Best cities to live
Best cities for young professionals
Best cities to raise a family
Median Home Value