Community Medical Services
Medical Director - Join Our Team in South Milwaukee, WI
South Milwaukee, WI
Community Medical Services (CMS) is hiring a Medical Director responsible for the overall smooth operation of medical services provided by to the Community Medical Services site(s) that the physician is assigned to. These assigned locations include South Milwaukee, Madison and Fond du Lac, WI.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00a - 4:00p
- Practices within CMS’s standard of care, as determined by the Chief Medical Officer and outlined in the CMS Policy Manual.
- Evaluates and performs comprehensive patient evaluations and follow ups; orders medication, monitors patient response, adjusts as indicated.
- Reviews state-specific prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) database and documents findings in case notes at each patient encounter and as required by applicable regulations.
- Reviews drug screen results, determines appropriateness for confirmation testing, and interprets serology results.
- Explains treatment and test results with patients.
- Completes referrals and consultations to ensure continuum of care and wholistic patient care.
- Provides patient education regarding MAT, OUD, prevention of communicable disease, and other health-related topics pertinent to individuals substance use disorders.
- Completes clinical documentation on the same day as the encounter in the client’s electronic health record (EHR).
- Ensures all documentation is complete, appropriate, and adherent to CMS policy requirements.
- Provides emergency triage to patients in distress, including the administration of naloxone.
- Maintains schedule of appointments with efficient use of time and is present in the clinic during all assigned hours; is available on-call, if necessary.
- Adheres to professional ethics and boundaries at all times.
- Assists with dosing and medication services, when needed.
- Licensed as a MD or DO in the state in the state(s) of employment
- Unrestricted DEA license
- 1+ years of experience as a physician in substance use treatment or related behavioral health setting preferred
- Clinical experience in substance abuse rehabilitation and Opioid treatment preferred
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge, including ability to navigate in electronic health records
- Problem solving, conflict resolution, and strong customer service skills
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong team player comfortable working in a fast-paced setting
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Median Home Value
Posted February 13, 2024