Outpatient Psychiatry open in Poplar Bluff-Loan repayment offered
Poplar Bluff, MO
John J. Pershing Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Department of Veterans Affairs - Medicine
The VA Medical Center, Poplar Bluff, MO is seeking a full-time, outpatient BC/BE Psychiatrist to join our Mental Health Service team. No weeknight or weekend call! Starting base salary is $240-$265K plus incentives!
Escape to Poplar Bluff, MO known as "Gateway to the Ozarks"! Here, you have nature options galore-biking, hiking, boating, gorgeous fall landscapes and are only a couple hour drive to major US cities like St. Louis, MO and Memphis, TN!
Duties include providing treatment to an adult psychiatric population with diverse diagnoses including major affective disorders, psychotic disorders, PTSD and substance related disorders. The Mental Health Service is comprised of Mental Health Primary Care, Behavioral Health Lab, Consultation Liaison Team, Mental Health Intensive Case Management and Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Use Disorder. Collaboration and supervision of mid-levels will be expected.
- Routine treatments/procedures: Basic medication management, general rural outpatient practice, Major Affective Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, PTSD and Substance Related Disorders. The Mental Health Service is comprised of Mental Health Primary Care, Behavioral Health Lab, Consultation Liaison Team, Mental Health Intensive Case Management and Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Use Disorder
- Office Hours: 8-4:30, M-F
- Call Schedule: No call - Psychologists and social workers take call
- Patient expectations: Strive for 1 hour for every new visit and 30 minutes for every follow-up visit (likely 15-20 per day)
- Special medical/procedure equipment: Tele-mental Health equipment (minimal use). Encouraged to supervise NPs that manage stable patients
About Department of Veterans Affairs - Medicine
More than 6.3 million Veterans and their families turn to us for care every year, and it is our duty to provide them with the best health care available. Our team of 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work together on interdisciplinary care teams to deliver critical services to our Nation’s Veterans.From Iraqi Freedom service members to those who survived WWII, our Veterans need us. We renewed our focus on increasing access to care by beginning one of our largest hiring initiatives ever.With challenging cases and advanced equipment, VA offers careers for physicians and nurses at all acuity levels, from primary care to subspecialties. Our interdisciplinary careers offer growth opportunities for mental health and rehabilitative service providers. Find out what VA can offer you.
Posted May 24, 2021