Exciting opportunity to develop pediatric bone marrow transplant program
Little Rock, AR
Inpatient and outpatient
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children’s Hospital seeks full-time board eligible/certified Pediatric Hematologist Oncologist physician to build and implement a Bone Marrow Transplant Program.
- Faculty appointment at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Associate or Professor level practicing at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) in Little Rock, AR.
- Focus on developing and building Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Center in Little Rock, AR.
- Seeking strong leader who is driven by quality and excellence.
- 26 bed inpatient unit with 11 faculty physicians, 4 APRNs, and 1 PA.
- Multi-disciplinary specialized care for pediatric patients with sickle cell disease and all types of cancer
- Currently performing 9 Autologous Stem Cell Transplants per year
- FACT accreditation is in progress and is anticipated by July 2020
- Strong hospital and foundation support with committed resources to build BMT program to include allogenic and CAR-T therapies
- Strong commitment to research (clinical and basic science) with active membership in the Children’s Oncology Group.
- Active fellowship program
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
• Arkansas Children’s Hospital, a 320 bed hospital, is the main hospital in the only pediatric health system in the state. ACH is a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Level 1 Surgery Center, and is MAGNET certified.
• The ACH Campus spans 36 city blocks and currently employs more than 500 physicians, 200 pediatric residents, and 4,400 employees.
• ACH is financially sound with consistent growth, and has been ranked by Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S and was voted as the Best Place to Work in Arkansas by Arkansas Times readers for 2019.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Posted January 9, 2020