Nurse Practitioner - Cumberland, Maryland.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant with Corizon Health at the Western Correctional Institute, located in Cumberland, MD:
- Respond to and initiate care in medical emergencies throughout the facility.
- Identify inmate / patient health problems and prescribe treatment under direction of a physician.
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a Physician.
- Provide education to inmate / patient, healthcare and correctional staff.
- Document all healthcare contacts.
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills. Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications.
- Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate.
Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification.
- License in the state of employment, license must be in good standing.
- CPR certification.
Minimum 1 year experience
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more.
Posted March 19, 2021