Developmental Pediatrician Faculty Opening with Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Inpatient and outpatient
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) at Phoenix Children’s is seeking a BE/BC Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician for a full-time faculty role in the beautiful desert landscape in Phoenix, Arizona. This Physician will provide clinical care with the evaluation and management of children with a wide range of developmental and behavioral problems, such as autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities, ADHD, Down syndrome, etc. All academic ranks will be considered.
- The selected candidate will join a growing department with various career development opportunities:
- Teaching/mentorship with all levels of learners: residents and medical students ∙ Leadership opportunities within the Department of Pediatrics and institution-wide ∙ Opportunity to help create/develop new programs within Developmental Pediatrics, including the possible development of a fellowship program
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, Creighton University School of Medicine, and Mayo Medical School
- Excellent benefit package
- The Section of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics consists of (2) Physicians, (3) Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, a Pediatric Psychologist, and 3 Psychometrists all working closely with support staff.
- The Institute is known as one of few programs to offer comprehensive pediatric neurological, behavioral, and mental health care utilizing all of the different facets of Neuroscience
- BNI is committed to quality inpatient and outpatient care in a collaborative and integrated, multidisciplinary environment, supporting and building on the strengths of the divisions and sections within the Institute through disease-specific program development, clinical pathways of evidence-based medicine, and administrative and clinical processes to improve the patient/family experience.
About Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s is Arizona’s premier hospital for family-centered, pediatric care for patients with complex medical needs. We’re proud of the broad and deep experience our expert team of physicians and staff brings across more than 75 pediatric subspecialties — experience you won’t find anyplace else in Arizona. With a medical staff of nearly 1,000 specialists, Phoenix Children’s is one of the largest pediatric healthcare systems in the country, and the most comprehensive children's care facility in the state. We provide inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care. Phoenix Children’s is thrilled to once again be named a “Best Children’s Hospital” by U.S. News & World Report. Recognition on the 2018–2019 list marks the 8th year Phoenix Children’s has earned this prestigious ranking. We are the only pediatric hospital in Arizona to make this list, and each year it's an honor to have the hard work of our staff and stakeholders recognized. Each of the following Phoenix Children’s departments earned recognition among the top 50 pediatric facilities in the country. -Cancer, #20, represented by Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Phoenix Children's-Cardiology and Heart Surgery, #9, represented by Phoenix Children’s Heart Center-Diabetes and Endocrinology, #35-Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, #26-Neonatology, #34-Nephrology, #23-Neurology and Neurosurgery, #28, represented by Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s-Orthopedics, #24-Pulmonology, #39-Urology, #28
Posted October 8, 2020