General Child Adolescent Psychiatrist in Virginia
Come and be part of a team with an esteemed Psychiatrist who is board certified in both psychiatry and addictionology and who completed a fellowship in the study of autistic disorders.
Primarily responsible for diagnosis, treatment, medication management and/or consultation of mental illness, emotional problems and dual diagnosis of intellectual disability and mental illness in adolescents and adults.
You will have a good workup of the patient coming in that is done by the Social Worker and the Family NP.
The NP handles the on-call in the evenings.
• Provides diagnostic assessment and treatment
• Establishes and modifies medical treatment plans; prescribes medication; monitors client’s response to treatment including medication side effects and adverse reactions
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and psychiatry
• Knowledge of current theories of psychiatric practice including substance use disorders, crisis management and developmental disabilities •
• Ability to diagnose and treat mental illness in relation to substance use disorders and physical conditions
• Ability to deal effectively with children and adults with emotional and behavioral disturbances
Ability to work within an interdisciplinary treatment team to solve problems within scope of responsibility
Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia to practice as a medical doctor. Must be Board Certified in Child /Adolescent psychiatry
Please contact for additional information. (I have a lot to share!)
Posted March 9, 2021