Penn State Health Children't Hospital Opening for Hematologist-Oncologist with Benign Hematology Focus
Penn State Hershey Childrens Hospital
Penn State Health
Join our Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology. We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research.
- We are a division of 14 physicians (12 full time) and one psychologist
- 5 NP/PA’s,
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, social workers, dietician/nutritionist, 8 nurse coordinators and 8 clinical research staff.
- Our hematology clinical programs include a state - supported sickle cell program, hemophilia treatment center, young women’s bleeding clinic, and hemostasis/thrombosis clinic.
- Our clinical oncology programs include expertise in treating leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumors as well as specialized programs for neurofibromatosis, genetic predisposition syndromes, neuro-oncology, survivorship, and adolescent/young adult (AYA) oncology
- Currently, we have one physician dedicated to hemostasis-thrombosis, one physician who directs the sickle cell program, and one physician who does primarily benign hematology with a focus on iron deficiency and neutropenia.
- We have an outpatient clinic connected to the pediatric infusion center in the Penn State Children’s Hospital and outreach clinics in Reading and Lancaster
- Our patients are hospitalized in an 18-bed Pediatric Hematology-Oncology unit in the Penn State Children’s Hospital
- Our clinical and research efforts are supported by Four Diamonds and the Children’s Miracle Network
What we’re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology interested in a focus on Hematology.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Posted January 28, 2021