An Opportunity for you to Serve Those Who Serve America as a Psychiatrist
Inpatient and outpatient
About the Position:
- This position is located in the Department of Behavioral Health at Fort Carson, CO.
- Recruitment or relocation bonus will be authorized.
- Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers.
- Position may be subject to on-call duty hours.
- American Board certification in Psychiatry is preferred.
- This position may require weekend call duties and evenings.
Employee performs duties as a practitioner and consultant in Psychiatry with emphasis on problems of all levels of complexity and must come to the position with knowledge and experience (ideally working with the military population) providing treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, inpatient service, partial hospitalization service, intensive outpatient services, routine outpatient services, consultation liaison services and must be well-versed to transition to any area as required.
Incumbent collaborates with physicians in other medical specialties on cases involving complicated and multifaceted problems and provides professional consultation, supervision, and collaborative medical support to other professional staff such as psychologists, advanced practical nurses, social workers, as well as military specific liaison work with commanders.
Incumbent directs Quality Assurance studies within his/her area of responsibility and makes decisions that have a serious impact on the lives of others, such as recommending hospitalization or determining a service member's fitness for duty.
Posted July 10, 2020