Chair - Division of Otolaryngology
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, is seeking a Chair to lead its Division of Otolaryngology. Candidates should have excellent management and interpersonal skills that will allow them to lead, grow and develop a division of highly skilled clinicians, researchers and support staff, along with a continued interest in the practice and advancement of Otolaryngology.
The Division of Otolaryngology/Ears, Nose and Throat at LHMC is comprised of 6 senior staff physicians with the addition of 2 other physician in the summer 2021, with 1 advanced practice professionals.
Role of the Division Chair
- As a physician leader in a multi-specialty group practice, the Chair of the Division of Otolaryngology works with other leaders to ensure that Lahey Hospital and Medical Center (LHMC) provides outstanding medical care to its patients while serving as a resource for healthcare excellence for the wider community.
- The Chair leads by example, inspires trust with high emotional intelligence, promotes collegial dialogue and collaborates in planning and problem solving in an environment that values diversity and empowers all colleagues to develop their talents and do their best work.
- The Chair contributes clinical expertise in on-going collaboration with all departments and divisions to achieve goals in clinical practice, research, education and administration.
- The Chair collaborates with the Vice President/Executive Director in the development and execution of the division’s strategic vision and day-to-day operations.
- Applicants must be board certified in Otolaryngology. A strong academic background that warrants or has led to appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor is desirable.
- Additionally, management with strong medical operational expertise and leadership training is desired.
Qualified applicants should send a formal letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Matthew Hubbell, (email@example.com)
Posted March 25, 2021