Clinician Educator, Risk Adjustment
Colorado Springs, CO
Responsible for the delivery and implementation of all clinical education materials and initiatives to employed and contracted providers, as well as KPIs within their region designed to ensure appropriate practices related to risk adjustment activities, HEDIS measures, and any appropriate gaps in care. The Clinical Educator is also responsible for overseeing the work of the Physician Chart Reviews to inform primary care providers of potential inferred, embedded, out of date, inaccurate, and/or missed diagnoses not previously identified, and aid in the education and discovery of opportunities for improved quality of care and compliance through accurate coding and documentation. The Clinical Educator is further responsible for keeping up to date on changes in the Medicare risk adjustment model or other documentation requirements.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent range of knowledge with respect to the practice of medicine.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Ability to work independently, analyze and interpret data.
- Advanced computer skills. Knowledgeable in Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a primary care physician, NP or PA.
- Experience in Risk Adjustment coding and documentation clinician education and chart review and documentation inside an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Minimum qualifications include an advanced degree as a MD, DO, NP, or PA.
- Current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Colorado required.
Posted October 2, 2020