Neuromuscular Child Neurologist Opportunity in North Texas
Fort Worth, TX
Cook Children's Medical Center
Cook Children's Health Care System
Cook Children’s is committed to securing a neuromuscular specialist whose professional, social, and economic interests would lend themselves to a long-term, cultural fit within the institution, the medical staff, and the community. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to improving the care of children in our region through cutting edge therapies, investigation studies, and comprehensive care.
Candidate must have completed an accredited pediatric specialty training program and be board certified/board eligible in child neurology with subspecialty training in clinical neuromuscular disorders. All members of the department continue to practice some general neurology in addition to their chosen subspecialty with adequate time allotted to continue growing our neuromuscular program. Must be qualified to obtain an unrestricted Texas Medical License before commencing employment.
Programmatic Highlights: Joining a comprehensive, multidisciplinary neuroscience group that includes:
- 18 Pediatric Neurologists (2 neuromuscular specialists)
- 8 Advanced Practice Providers
- 4 Pediatric Neurosurgeons
- 3 Neuropsychologists
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- MDA Clinical Care Center: Enjoy strong collaborative relationships including: orthopedic surgery, physical medicine, pain management, palliative care, pulmonology, cardiology, and endocrinology. Clinics incorporate rehabilitation therapists, social workers, nutritionists and child life specialists.
- Treatment offerings include the full range of disease-modifying therapies with active involvement in ongoing clinical trials
- Fully integrated 3D motion analysis laboratory
- Direct access to a 26-bed state-of-the-art Neuro-Rehabilitation unit located next to the Neurosciences offices
- Enjoy an average of 4 call weekends per year and 2-3 weekday calls per month
- Earning potential above the 90th percentile of MGMA
- A busy program that sees more than 33,000 patient encounters annually
About Cook Children's Health Care System
Cook Children’s Health Care System is one of the country’s leading vertically-integrated pediatric health care organizations. Cook Children’s represents an award-winning, not-for-profit system of seamless health care designed to fulfill our Promise; “Knowing that every child’s life is sacred, it is the Promise of Cook Children’s to improve the health of every child through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury.” Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Cook Children’s primary referral region includes Collin, Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties, and the integrated system has more than 60 primary, specialty and urgent care offices throughout Texas, and has served hundreds of international patients, as well as those from all 50 states.
The medical center has 444 pediatric beds and treats infants, children, teens and young adult patients ages 0-21 throughout Texas, as well as nationally and internationally. At nearly 1.6 million square feet, the campus serves as the main site of Cook Children’s Health Care System. This includes the medical center, Dodson specialty clinics and north and south inpatient towers. In addition to the main Fort Worth campus, other Cook Children’s locations include multiple regional specialty clinics, urgent care centers, neighborhood clinics, primary care offices, surgery centers and home health offices. In 2019, Cook Children’s expanded to provide services to families in Prosper, Texas. To date, services offered include primary care, ambulatory surgery, urgent care, specialty care, imaging and outpatient laboratory services. A medical center and retail pharmacy are scheduled to open in 2022.
We are one of the nation's premier private children's health care systems and have consistently been ranked by U.S. News and World Report within the top 50 Best Children's Hospitals. One of Cook Children’s Medical Center’s most prestigious awards is being Magnet® designated, the international gold standard of nursing excellence, four consecutive times. This makes the medical center the first free standing, pediatric hospital in North Texas, and the 10th in the world, to receive this prestigious designation.
Cook Children's Physician Network is the employed physician component of Cook Children's Health Care System, a pediatric system of care where physician leadership is fostered and physicians actively participate in the strategic goals and mission of the organization.
Posted June 15, 2021