Mental Health Director - Clinical Psychologist or Psychiatrist
Inpatient and outpatient
Directs and manages the inmate behavioral health program at the facility (ties) as an integral program component of inmate health care; through supervision of behavioral health staff. Guides and directs an integrated continuous quality improvement program for behavioral health.
- Develop and implement Behavioral Health Programs in accordance with Armor Policies and Procedures including those approved modifications required for facility conditions and client specific contract requirements.
- Write, review and revise facility-specific behavioral health continuous quality improvement program policies, procedures, and data collection tools
- Oversees the implementation of tools to identify inmates’ risk of suicide, behavioral illness, substance abuse, self-harm, violence, cognitive functioning and impulsivity
- Encourage, facilitate, and lead behavioral health training for health care staff including medical staff and providers as well as behavioral health staff and providers
- Secure, retain and utilize current information, literature and training pertaining to behavioral health, substance abuse, sex offender, developmentally disabled and mentally retarded treatment, training, policy and procedure
- Oversees contract specific application of Suicide and Self Injury Prevention Program & leads facility’s behavioral health risk management initiatives including training, outcome studies, sentinel incident reviews, & psychological audits when needed
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies & procedures
Education & Experience
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other Behavioral Science field in addition to two years related work or internship experience with adults with severe and persistent behavioral illnesses or with individuals with similar human-services needs
- Licensure in the Behavioral Health Discipline: Clinical Psychologist, Psychiatrist
Posted June 1, 2020