Los Angeles, CA- Director of Nephrology
Los Angeles, CA
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Responsible for overseeing the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing the in-person and phone consults across all settings including hospitals, clinics, and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) for challenging cases.
- May attend to patients and evaluate ESRD inpatient cases.
- Engages in the economics of renal contracting.
- Identifies and evaluates population health analytics and quantitative management of renal related issues.
- Develops and teaches CareMore ESRD approach internally and externally.
- Establishes and manages relationships with Dialysis and Pharmaceutical companies.
- Builds and maintains Nephrology scorecard for renal care.
- Helps build relationships on bundled prices for Nephrology Transplant Centers.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
- Requires MD or DO;
- Completion of Internal Medicine residency; completion of Fellowship in Nephrology.
- Requires current active unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligible or board certified in internal medicine and nephrology.
- DEA license required.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Posted March 8, 2021