Exciting Palliative Care Opportunity in the South Bayl | Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
The outpatient Palliative Care physician provides consultative care for patients with advanced, serious illness. This position will be primarily based in two embedded clinics located at a post-acute discharge clinic and at a cancer center. The physician will work closely with an interdisciplinary team and assist in coordinating care between different sites. The physician is expected to work closely with the Palliative Care Medical Director and will also have the opportunity to contribute and be a part of program development, practice improvement and community education.
- BC Internal Medicine, Hospitalist
- BC/BE Hospice & Palliative Care
- Shares oversight responsibilities and/or support for the following site of care:
- Care Coordination Center (CCC) – a post discharge clinic for patients who are high risk for readmission and/or will benefit from complex medical management. This clinic is a primary base location for this physician who will have a dedicated Palliative Care Social Worker and additional on-site support from a Nurse Practitioner, pharmacist, Coumadin clinic and dietitian. Palliative Care referrals can come in from in-network providers, community physicians, clinical staff and individuals for all Palliative Care appropriate diagnoses.
- Hunt Cancer Center – one of the primary base location for this position with a dedicated Palliative Care Social Worker. Receives Palliative Care referrals directly from in-network Medical Oncologists and Nurse Practitioners who are on-site.
- Home-Based – core team of an NP and Palliative Care trained nurses, licensed clinical social workers and a chaplain provided by our TMMC Home Health agency. This position is responsible in providing clinical support and oversight at weekly Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Provides cross cover support for the Inpatient Palliative Care Team which is composed of 2 physicians and 2 registered nurses in the acute setting (hospital and Transitional Care Unit)
Posted May 12, 2020