Medical Director for the Vandalia Correctional Center
Inpatient and outpatient
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Provides leadership in administrative matters, clinical program development, quality management, utilization management and staff education.
- Provides direct patient care to ensure timeliness and implementation of appropriate medical care; ultimately responsible for all health care delivered at the site.
- Actively engages in helping to identify and facilitate the solving of all operational and clinical issues for their site(s).
- Leads all Utilization Management (UM) efforts at the site, including the establishment and successful attainment of UM annual and monthly goals or the identification of valid reasons and clinical factors why successful attainment of UM goals are no longer possible.
- Ensures that an on-call coverage schedule is maintained and operated effectively for 24/7/365 physician coverage and consultation; participation in the on-call schedule in an equitable manner.
- Responsible for resolving problems related to patient safety issues and any patient complaints/grievances as they arise.
JOB REQUIREMENTS The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Must have a current Physician license in the state of Illinois. Current Illinois Controlled Substance license. Current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
- Experience or training in administrative aspects of health care preferred
Posted October 9, 2019