Home & Supportive Care Nurse Practitioner WellMed
- Practice with a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, social workers, and clinic staff.
- Our model is designed to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a predominantly Medicare-aged population.
- Primarily manage care in the patient’s home; however, care may require an office or other facility setting depending on the needs of the patient.
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions.
- The APC will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases.
- Facilitates patient and family decision making regarding treatment decisions and end of life care and serious illness discussions.
- Prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Florida Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed by the Florida State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Florida Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Florida State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Reliable transportation
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
Posted July 24, 2021