Nurse Practitioner | Focus on Patient Care with Optum
Los Angeles, CA
· Introduce the member’s medical group, Optum California, and the Welcome Wagon program to members, family members and caregivers
· Counsel and educate patient and families regarding health plan benefits, health plan network and other programs and tools available to help improve quality of lifestyle.
· Conduct assessments and annual wellness exams with patient (home setting or virtual).
· Document chief complaint, previous medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examination, assessment and appropriate plan of care.
· Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
· Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
· Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the medical group.
· Identifies members needs and any gaps of care; provide recommendation of benefits/ programs associated with member’s health plan and guide members appropriately.
· Participate and collaborate with other providers and team members during weekly rounds for new members to help improve outcomes.
· Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college.
· Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
· Current AANP certification required
· Active and unrestricted CA NP license
· Current and unrestricted CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
· Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
· Minimum 2 -3 years NP experience; preferably in outpatient/managed care setting
· Access to transportation, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
· Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred
· Working knowledge of managed care, health plans, medical groups, IPA networks a plus
· Flexible, strong multi-prioritizing skills and time manag....
For complete description tap [HERE]
Posted April 28, 2021