Nephrology Division Chief Opening with Nationally Recognized Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s Hospital is seeking an innovative leader to serve as the Division Chief of Nephrology. This is an exciting opportunity for a gifted clinical and academic pediatric nephrologist.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital (PCH) and Phoenix Children’s Medical Group recently announced that that the six pediatric nephrologists from Pediatric Kidney Disease and Hypertension Centers (PKDHC) will be joining the Phoenix Children’s Medical Group (PCMG), effective January 1, 2021. With the addition of these six providers, Phoenix Children’s is beginning a national search to lead our Division of Pediatric Nephrology.
- The Nephrology Division is active inpatient care, providing inpatient service across 435 inpatient beds, including 153 intensive care beds.
- PCH currently has Arizona’s only dedicated pediatric dialysis center providing outpatient and inpatient hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, including an active CRRT program.
- PCH also has the state’s only dedicated Pediatric Kidney Transplant Program.
- MD or MD/PhD degree and be board-certified in Pediatric Nephrology.
- Must provide documentation of achieved accomplishments, and demonstrated proof of mentorship, leadership and scholarship in Pediatric Nephrology.
- Must possess effective interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- It is expected that the candidate will be eligible for an academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level of our affiliated medical schools.
- Strong experience in recruiting and recognizing the individual talent that will result in the creation of a nationally recognized Division of Nephrology.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital is Arizona’s only children’s hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals, including garnering all 10 shields in 2020 including nephrology. As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, Phoenix Children’s provides care across more than 75 pediatric specialties.
About Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children’s is Arizona’s premier hospital for family-centered, pediatric care for patients with complex medical needs. We’re proud of the broad and deep experience our expert team of physicians and staff brings across more than 75 pediatric subspecialties — experience you won’t find anyplace else in Arizona. With a medical staff of nearly 1,000 specialists, Phoenix Children’s is one of the largest pediatric healthcare systems in the country, and the most comprehensive children's care facility in the state. We provide inpatient, outpatient, trauma and emergency care. Phoenix Children’s is thrilled to once again be named a “Best Children’s Hospital” by U.S. News & World Report. Recognition on the 2018–2019 list marks the 8th year Phoenix Children’s has earned this prestigious ranking. We are the only pediatric hospital in Arizona to make this list, and each year it's an honor to have the hard work of our staff and stakeholders recognized. Each of the following Phoenix Children’s departments earned recognition among the top 50 pediatric facilities in the country. -Cancer, #20, represented by Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Phoenix Children's-Cardiology and Heart Surgery, #9, represented by Phoenix Children’s Heart Center-Diabetes and Endocrinology, #35-Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, #26-Neonatology, #34-Nephrology, #23-Neurology and Neurosurgery, #28, represented by Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s-Orthopedics, #24-Pulmonology, #39-Urology, #28
Posted January 4, 2021