An Opportunity for you to Serve Those Who Serve America as a Psychiatrist
Fort Sill, OK
Reynolds Army Community Hospital
Defense Health Agency Civilian Corps
Inpatient and outpatient
This work involves treating soldiers with a broad range of behavioral health concerns in specific combat divisions at various locations around the world.
The city of Lawton is located in southwestern Oklahoma, about 87 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. Recreation can be found at the many parks, lakes, museums, and festivals. Lawton is the fifth largest city in Oklahoma and surrounded by a national treasure, the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. For those desiring a big city atmosphere, Oklahoma City is only 70 minutes from Ft Sill and Dallas/Ft Worth is only three hours away.
*Who May Apply: US Citizens*
A recruitment or relocation bonus is authorized.
This position is located at the US Army Medical Department Activity, Behavioral Health Chief at Fort Sill, OK.
Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
- Childcare background check required.
- Drug testing position.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is
- Immunizations/vaccinations required.
- May work weekend/nights in order to pull call.
- Fulfill credentialing requirements.
- Incentives listed on announcement as MAY: Recruitment or
Relocation, PCS (Moving expenses), Student loan repayment and Accelerated leave accrual may be authorized.
As a Physician (Psychiatry), you will:
- Make recommendations on major diagnostics and treatment plans.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic inpatients and outpatients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, and substance abuse/addictions.
- Provide psychiatric care for walk-in patients presenting with acute illnesses of minor and major proportions.
- Examine and conduct thorough studies of presenting patients.
- Collaborate with physicians in other medical specialties on cases involving complicated and multifaceted problems.
Posted June 2, 2020