Psychiatry Residency Program Director Position in IL
Carle Foundation Hospital
Carle’s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking an experienced and dynamic Program Director to lead our established Psychiatry Residency program in Urbana, Illinois.
Position Details Include:
- Join an established, growing program that has been ACGME accredited since 2016.
- 4 residents per class year with plans to expand each cohort in the coming years.
- The Residency Program is closely integrated with Carle’s Behavioral Health service line which includes psychiatry, psychology, and all associated sub-specialties; addiction recovery services; consult/liaison and crisis intervention services; and the primary care collaborative care model.
- Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, research initiatives and provide oversight of the Psychiatry Residency program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to lead the residency program; approximately 50% administrative and 50% clinical.
- The Psychiatry Residency Program is hospital-based and provides training at three hospitals and affiliated clinics including Carle Foundation Hospital, a nationally-ranked a Level I Trauma Center, a community and service focused hospital, and a Veterans Administration hospital.
- Medical Student teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
- Preferred candidate must be board certified in Psychiatry.
- Minimum of 3-5 years faculty teaching experience with a Psychiatry Residency required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity are highly encouraged to apply.
Posted March 16, 2021