Pediatric Pulmonologist Needed in one of Nation's Most Desirable Places to Live
Arkansas Children's Northwest
Faculty appointment at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
- Competitive salary and benefits package along with robust faculty mentoring program and multiple available tracks for promotion and/or tenure.
- Our Pulmonary team at Arkansas Children’s NW consists of a physician, APRN, specialty nurse, respiratory therapy, and social work support and is fully integrated into our larger Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine Program at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock.
- Arkansas Children’s is home to the state’s only accredited Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Center and full-service Pediatric Sleep Center
- Ranked as one of the top 50 Pediatric Pulmonology Programs in the United States by US News and World Report
- Fully accredited, Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship Program
- J1 Waivers available.
ARKANSAS CHILDREN’S NORTHWEST:
- Arkansas Children’s is the only pediatric health system in Arkansas. With a population of 2.8 million, Arkansas Children’s is the major pediatric referral center for Arkansas serving children from birth to age 21.
- Built in 2018, Arkansas Children’s NW offers exceptional pediatric care in a state-of-the-art facility, including: emergency services, inpatient unit, outpatient clinics, diagnostic & imaging services, and a surgery center.
- Additional services offered include audiology, speech therapy, nutrition, imaging, infusion, child life, social work, and physical therapy.
Arkansas Children’s Northwest is located in one of the fastest growing regions in the country, with many local amenities and abundant natural resources. NW Arkansas is a highly desirable area that is home to corporations including Walmart, J.B. Hunt and Tyson. U.S. News & World Report put NW Arkansas at number 4 in its 2020 rankings of the 25 Best Affordable Places to Live and the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers Metropolitan Statistical Area at No. 8 on its 2020 list of Best Places to Live.
About Arkansas Children's
We, at Arkansas Children’s, know that children aren’t little adults, and we’re creating innovative ways to care for them – from designing kid-savvy spaces where they enjoy receiving treatment to adapting the most rigorous safety standards to protect them and ensure they reach their potential. Our expert team is specially trained to deliver excellent care to seriously ill and critically injured children. Arkansas Children’s serves as the clinical and teaching affiliate for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Our promise: Unprecedented child health, defined and delivered.
Arkansas Children’s is a premier health care system with a 336-bed hospital in the state’s capital city and a second 24-bed hospital and campus in northwest Arkansas. Arkansas Children's Hospital is among the largest children's hospitals in the United States and is the only tertiary care facility for children in the state of Arkansas. ACH is ranked in 5 specialties by US News & World Report in addition to being a MAGNET-recognized hospital, a level 1 pediatric surgery center, and a center of excellence in pediatric sedation. ACH was also voted Best Place to Work in Arkansas for 2019 and 2020. Learn more about our team here: https://youtu.be/2sGKwFHD_Lg .
Located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, Little Rock is a culturally diverse city with the friendliness of the South. The area offers affordable housing, quality school options, a mild climate, excellent cultural and artistic venues along with numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. With population exceeding 700,000, greater Little Rock offers the most desirable features of large cities without sacrificing ease of access and convenience.
Posted February 17, 2021