OB/GYN Assistant/Associate Program Director - Henry Ford Health System
Near Detroit, MI
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Henry Ford Health System
The Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital is looking for an Obstetrics and Gynecology physician who has a strong interest in medical education. There is an opportunity for the candidate to have protected time in the role of Assistant/Associate Program Director for the ACGME-accredited Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital Ob/Gyn Residency Program.
Assistant/Associate Program Director:
The Ob/Gyn residency program at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital is an ACGME-accredited, 12-resident program. Protected administrative time, faculty development support and university appointments will be provided, commensurate with qualifications.
General OB/GYN faculty:
- Provide oversight to certified nurse midwives, residents and medical students
- Manage high risk obstetrical patients
- Inpatient and outpatient gynecology services such as primary and preventative care, contraception, family planning, pelvic pathological diagnosis and treatment such as abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroid uterus, pelvic pain, endometriosis
- Must have completed or currently completing an ACGME/AOA approved Ob/Gyn residency program
- Prior residency administrative experience and a desire for a long-term GME career are preferred. We encourage applications from candidates with URiM backgrounds.
About Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System is committed to improving the health and well-being of our diverse Michigan community.
Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford and now one of the nation's leading health care providers, Henry Ford Health System is a not-for-profit corporation managed by Chief Executive Officer Wright L. Lassiter, III and governed by a 17-member Board of Trustees, with volunteer-led advisory and affiliate boards providing additional leadership.
It is comprised of hospitals, medical centers and one of the nation's largest group practices, the Henry Ford Medical Group, which includes more than 1,200 physicians practicing in over 40 specialties. The System's flagship, Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, is a Level 1 Trauma Center recognized for clinical excellence in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, multi-organ transplants and cancer treatment.
With more than 30,000 employees, Henry Ford Health System is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, and among the most diverse.
Posted April 21, 2021