Medical Director-Corizon Health
Inpatient and outpatient
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling. By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Site Medical Director with Corizon Health at Potosi Correctional Center located in Mineral Point, Missouri.
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff. Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor physician assistants in compliance with the state law for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for all physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of healthcare providers.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical director's meetings at the Corizon central office. Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings and other meetings, as required.Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
Posted August 13, 2020