Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Humana Edge, Charleston, SC
Welcome to Humana Edge! Our mission is to transform the experience that we provide for seniors working to meet their social, emotional and medical needs. You will be a part of a team that guides members through their healthcare journey, ensuring they get the guidance and support they need so they can focus on fulfilling their life's ambitions and goals.
The Edge's whole-person health approach is designed from the member back and flexes to proactively meet individual member needs as they evolve. Our dedicated navigators will build a trusted relationship with the member and serve as the primary point of contact. They will also connect resources to meet social drivers of health (e.g. food, transportation, etc.) Working alongside the navigators we will have integrated and dedicated clinicians including nurses, social workers, pharmacists and community health workers. We will also have direct virtual care where physicians and nurse practitioners will provide virtual/in-home primary care to members who are home bound and lack primary care access. Together, our team will provide urgent care, preventative care and chronic disease support to complement existing primary care.
The Psych NP will provide initial consultation & psychiatric care to patients 65+. Care includes in-home, community site visits & using tele-health platforms.
- Perform initial psychiatric assessments & follow-up care to patients aged 65+ collaborating with a psychiatrist
- Create treatment plans that may involve prescribing medication, refer to psychotherapy or other treatment & determine whether referrals are warranted
- Deliver patient care & education appropriate to a patient’s age, physical ability, educational level & culture, potentially involving the patient’s family
- Participate in coordination of care with PCPs & other professionals
- Perform appropriate elements of physical examination & order laboratory & imaging workup
- Participate in quality & standards of care committee
Posted August 12, 2020