Staff Pediatric Dentist- 63rd
Inpatient and outpatient
- Examines pediatric individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided. In addition the doctor shall complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the health center.
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention. Serves on the dental staff and other center committees as assigned.
- Performs periodic evaluations of all Dental Department professional providers
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIRED
- Applicants must have a D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree
- Advanced training in pediatric dentistry from an ADA accredited program and Board certification is also required. Candidates must be eligible for local hospital credentialing
- Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required
- FTCA coverage or private professional malpractice insurance obtainable
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Illinois
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications. ACLS preferred
- Illinois DPS and DEA registrations
- Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers
Posted September 9, 2020