Network Medical Director - Draper, UT
- This role requires regular travel and virtual interaction within the Salt Lake City market, to develop and maintain collegial relationships with contracted providers in efforts to support the business efforts of the organization by improving care quality and efficiency.
- Lead an education team comprised of an APC and clinical coders.
- Serve as a collegial resource to network physicians.
- Collaborate with network managers to advance healthcare transformation to a value-based reimbursement model amongst independent and employed physician groups.
- Set and manage goals related to clinical documentation accuracy with attention to accurate and compliant risk adjustment.
- Support efforts to improve patient experience.
- Collaborate with efforts to improve healthcare quality.
- Provide per-to-peer education on trends and principles in evidence-based care.
- Support relevant patient-centric goals around medical management and care efficiency.
- Provide additional support if needed in Clinical Coverage Review if needed.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Active, unrestricted Utah Medical License
- Current Board Certification in ABMS or AOA specialty
- 2+ years of experience as a physician leader and or trainer/mentor
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience post residency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Posted July 7, 2022