Physician - Part Time (8 hours weekly) - Las Cruces, NM
Near Las Cruces, NM
Inpatient and outpatient
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician - Part Time with Corizon Health at Dona Ana county Detention Center located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.(1- 8 hour day weekly to cover when physician is out) This is a great opportunity!
- Visit the infirmary daily and document encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensure all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensure all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Adhere to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures. Document pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilize available in-house resources and personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing am off-site referral. Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrate proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
- Serve as a resource for other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required.
- CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Posted July 21, 2020