Market Medical Director - WellMed
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Director (MD) is a key member of the Market Leadership and Management Team who shares responsibility for decision making and outcomes in the market with the other members of the market team. The MD is responsible for improving the quality and efficiency of medical care in his/her market(s) and leading the contracted and affiliate provider network. The Medical Director is also responsible for mentoring all assigned Community Lead Physicians in their leadership development.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) required
- Five or more years of clinical experience, including two or more years of managed care experience
- Active, unrestricted medical license in applicable state(s), or ability to obtain licenses rapidly
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Current board certification.
- Two or more years managed care experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Posted June 2, 2021