Wellness Nurse Practitioner, Optum - Tucson
Join a team that is discovering new ways to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re the fastest growing part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and we’re putting physicians at the center of care and supporting them with the tools they need to focus on quality patient outcomes. As part of our continued growth we are searching for a Full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our Tucson team.
- Connect with and educate the Senior Population in a community-based center or physician office.
- Complete full patient assessments on our Medicare Advantage Senior Patient Population
- Identify diagnosis to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgement, and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
- You will see on average 8 – 9 senior patients a day
- Provide educational talks on topic such as disease process, medication and compliance, etc. for our Senior Population in the community-based centers
- Experience in Gerontology, or Cardiology, or Internal Medicine, or Endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Knowledge and or experience working with the Medicare Advantage Population performing patient assessments
Posted June 17, 2021